Capital for Colleagues, the investment vehicle focused on opportunities in the Employee Owned Business (‘EOB’) sector, is pleased to announce an investment update in respect of the quarter ended 31 May 2017.
Key Statistics for the quarter:
- Portfolio comprised of 15 unquoted EOBs at the end of the quarter
- Net Asset Value (‘NAV’) of GBP 6,560,754 (28 February 2017: GBP 4,190,852)
- NAV per share of 42.65 pence (28 February 2017: 43.54 pence per share)
Material developments in the quarter:
- Successfully raised GBP 2.42 million through a subscription and open offer, including a material investment from Bill Ainscough, founder of Wain Homes.
- Worked with directors and employees of LUSH Cosmetics Ltd to establish an Employee Benefits Trust that will initially hold a 10% shareholding on behalf of all employees.
- Follow-on investment of GBP 100,000 in portfolio company, Bright Ascension Limited, which is engaged in research and development related to software and hardware for the space industry and other high technology areas.
- Nominated in two categories at the annual Small Cap Awards: NEX Exchange Company of the Year and Social Stock Exchange Impact Company of the Year.