Capital for Colleagues specialises in advising, investing in and supporting businesses grow that are or want to become employee owned. Collectively we have many years of experience from working in and with employee owned businesses and we bring this to bear through the following approach:
- As a current business owner, you may be thinking about succession and getting capital out of your business may not be straight forward. C4C has its own capital which could be available to invest (via loans or equity) and help you make the transition to employee ownership.
- We can advise you on the options you face for structuring the shares in the company, ensuring these reflect your ambitions for the future of the business.
- If you choose to introduce an Employee Trust, we can help you to appoint and select Trustees and can even act as Trustees if appropriate.
- In order to make a possible investment decision, we will carefully analyse the investment case presented to us. This will include information about past and current financial performance, future business and financial plans, management and operational capability, the markets you operate in, your competitors and the culture of your business.
- We are strong supporters of the Employee Ownership Association and have contacts in many employee owned businesses and we can introduce you to those so you can benefit from their experience of having gone down this route before you.